The growing fad among the health enthusiasts on portable infrared sauna is not unfounded. Apart from its interesting concept and look once you subject yourself in one of its variants, the experience is probably one if not the easiest way to ease your stress and pain away.
But for those who are just new to this craze, we’re confronted with essentially the only question that matters — how would you know if what you’re about to purchase is the best portable infrared sauna in the market now?
Consider that question as the main catalyst of our discussion today. We’ll cover the basics about your portable infrared sauna along with the prized buying guide that I’ve especially streamlined for you. Later on, I’ll be disclosing the five portable infrared saunas that are getting some of the rave reviews at the moment!
*Below, you'll find our more detailed reviews, but you can also click the links above to see current prices or read customer reviews on Amazon.
What is A Portable Infrared Sauna?
Your portable infrared sauna utilizes the same principle that is employed by the traditional infrared saunas. It uses infrared heaters so the infrared light is emitted which in turn is experienced as radiant heat. This quick sequence of transmission is then absorbed by the surface of our skin.
Meanwhile, the only evident difference between a regular infrared sauna and a portable one is that the latter allows your stick your head or arms out from the device itself, enabling you to breathe the normal air.
What Are the Benefits of A Portable Infrared Sauna?
Alongside its parent mechanism — the infrared sauna — the portable ones provide the same health benefits. They are as follows:
- It aids in improving your body’s microcirculation via your blood vessels.
- It elevates the supply of oxygen and other components in your blood cells. These are supplied to the soft tissues of your body which directly improve the white blood cells’ function. Meanwhile, your immune response along with the elimination of foreign pathogens and cellular debris are expected to increase.
- Your lymph circulation should also be improved. Once beefed up, the accumulated toxins are alleviated and removed ultimately. Probably its most significant benefit, your portable infrared sauna will lessen the buildup of toxins in your health body, which if not alleviated, could potentially block the normal blood circulation, impairing your cellular energy as a result.
- Fast healing and regeneration are also promoted. Under the same loop, this increases your metabolism between your body’s blood and tissue.
- If you’re struggling from issues on sleep, mood and pain sensations, your portable infrared sauna should aid you to eradicate these. Your sessions will stimulate your brain’s hypothalamus that is responsible for the production of neuro-chemicals involved in regulating these functions.
- Perhaps it most sought benefit is its propensity to aid your weight loss regimen. Moderately-shaped users can release 500 grams of sweat easily in a sauna. This is similar to running 3 to 4 miles that sheds off an approximate 475 to 600 calories.
- Next to its weight loss promises are its detoxifying wonder. You always get to hear this when you’re surrounded by similar buyers: “Urgh, I need an infrared sauna. I want to detoxify!”. Your portable infrared sauna can eliminate many kinds of toxins that include herbicides, pesticides, food additives, polluted air along with the inevitable household chemicals.
- When you sweat and finally get out from a sauna, you tend to get a newer, exfoliated skin. This is due to our bodies’ reaction when we get inside this device. Our skin pores start to open up while the built-up sebum and toxins are eliminated.
Best Portable Infrared Sauna Buying Guide
If you’re new to portable infrared saunas, it’s so easy to get lost when you’re looking for the best one! These saunas come in varying styles, shapes and sizes. Moreover, other saunas under this type provide multiple carbon fiber heating panels while others feature separate heating zones.
Interestingly, there are differences by means of how you use these saunas. You’ll see portable saunas that can be used while you’re sitting down while the other type is meant to be used while you’re laying on the floor.
These differences may overwhelm you when it’s your first. However, it’s crucial that you consider these factors when you’re about to consider on buying one officially:
#1. The Heating Elements
If you’re that type of user who doesn’t heed the need to control the heat on top and bottom parts of your body, then the portable infrared sauna with carbon fiber heating panels might be ideal for you. Deemed as the most common type of heating element, the used panels produce the most heat and cannot be controlled separately.
On the other hand, the portable saunas with infrared heating zones are developed to allow you to make the bottom half of your body a little hotter while the other half is subjected into a less intense temperature. The second option also uses the same technology carbon fiber panels are utilizing. You can only experience this type of heating in infrared heating blankets.
#2. The Maximum & Minimum Temperatures
The maximum and minimum temperatures of your portable infrared sauna must be determined first before purchasing it. This is due to the fact that most portable saunas have the capacity to reach a maximum temperature of 150 degrees F or the relatively lower temperatures. If your body is too particular on how it reacts to certain temperatures, ask your seller away with this information.
#3. The Sitting & Lying-Down Types Of Portable Sauna
Are you the kind who finds sitting to be even more relaxing or the other way around? And if you feel that lying down is the best way to relax with your portable infrared sauna, consider the knowledge of verifying which type will suit you between the two as a crucial one.
Now, if you like more room and space while you’re detoxifying, the sitting type should work for you. The sitting type should also suit those whose claustrophobia is easily triggered as the lying-down type tends to make your whole body really tight!
Who wouldn’t want an extra set of heating foot pads while you immerse yourself with relaxation? The heating foot pads are must-have accessories when choosing your portable infrared saunas. Other vital add-ons that you should be looking for are the washable neck collars, the pockets for your phone (another must-have!), the holes for your arms, and the much-needed wireless remotes!
Top 5 Best Portable Infrared Saunas Reviews on The Market 2017!
For the most meticulous, this product doesn’t emit electromagnetic radiation or negative ion as it’s EMF-free. The oxymoron in this equipment is that while it’s coming with an extra size, the product is still a space-saving one.
What else? It’s also so affordable that it’s retailed at a fraction of the most expensive saunas out there. And with the market now, that’s a major plus. Your relaxation and enjoyment is all the more propelled to another level with its comfy sports canvas folding chair.
Its space-saving feature is also coupled with easy-to-install usage and storage. It utilizes a minute amount of electricity— an irony that can only be left unanswered with its gigantic outlook. Meanwhile, it boasts of three heaters that are generated by superconductive and extra thin Japan-made tourmaline panels to aid your detoxification aspirations!
- Comes with comfortable sports canvas folding chair.
- Large yet easy-to-set-up.
- Features Japan-made tourmaline panels.
- Uses small amount of electricity.
- Accompanying chair might be uncomfortable to use for some.
Travelling couldn’t be more quite pronounced with this product. As it is completely foldable and easily fold ups, this is very suitable for those who intend to relax momentarily while you go on globe-trotting. The setting up is very much noted for it is quicker and that no tools are needed. This device is also dry and non-odorous!
Some of its features include an auto-temperature control for safety along with its removal neck collar for cleaning. It also comprises of its distinctive zipper so you could access it easily. Your comfort is very much defined with this entry as it is equipped with hand held controller, a foot pad heater and a folding chair that just completes the experience.
- Comes with a folding chair and a steam pot.
- Dry and non-odorous.
- Easy and quick set-up.
- Ideal for travelling.
- Add-ons include handheld controller and foot pad heater.
- Uncomfortable chair.
- Not ideal for big-sized users (160lbs and above).
- Materials used are not that premium.
This product’s operating principle is clearly patterned after comfort. With its padded, double-lined neck collar and dual interior/exterior front compartment zippers, you can feel the total portable sauna experience with this one. Its hand held controller is also equipped with one of the safest and easiest 6 automatic timer option set-ups.
Some of its distinctive features are the built-in auto shut-off safety offering, its durable yet effective moisture-resistant satin polyester material, and the energy-efficient low EMF carbon fiber infrared heater panels. As it is portable and easily folds up for storage, this product is also ideal for travelling.
- Ideal for travelling.
- Comes with built-in auto shut-off feature.
- Made with moisture-resistant satin polyester material.
- Includes a padded, double-lined neck collar.
- Dual interior/exterior front compartment zippers.
- Heat distribution may be uneven for some.
- Materials produce unpleasant odor.
Whenever you feel like reading or watching your favorite show during a session with your portable sauna, this product right here might very well suit this type of activity. Adorned with a satisfying design, you can extend your head and hands out to enjoy your prized hobbies. Perhaps its most defining feature, this entry includes a far infrared sauna box with negative ion far infrared carbon fiber heating panels.
These are equipped with a smart temperature automatic preset control that enables you to experience varying levels of heating. Some of the features that are included are a compact folding chair and a heating foot pad along with a foam floor pad.
- Ideal for multi-tasking.
- Comes with Negative Ion Far Infrared Carbon Fiber Heating Panels.
- Less expensive.
- Add-ons comprise of a compact folding chair and heating foot pad.
- Made of hi-tech, super conductive and thinner carbon fiber heating element.
- Produces a plastic smell.
- Fragile zippers.
The extra-sized, black Therasage Ps2002 Portable Far Infrared Sauna is a performing, almost- natural wonder. And that’s a good thing! It should work well with users who seek a natural pain relief and detoxification that are all safe, long-lasting and with a therapeutic heat that is deeply penetrating.
Meanwhile, the only entry from Therasage is without the unnecessary electromagnetic radiation and is equipped with a digital time and temperature controller. This easily-stored relaxation equipment also comes with an extra long power cord.
- No electromagnectic radiation.
- Can be stored easily.
- Equipped with safe therapeutic heat.
- Extras include digital timer, a longer cord and temperature controller.
- Natural system of detoxifying and relieving pain.
- Uncomfortable chair.
- Warming it up may take a longer time for some.
We’re choosing the DURHERM XLarge EMF Free Negative Ion FIR Infrared Portable Indoor Sauna With Chair Footpad as the standout among the five entries. While its competition is clearly formidable with their respective and distinctive features, the DURHERM’s product outshines them all with its meticulous design and topnotch infrared sauna offerings like its EMF-free system and the Japan-made tourmaline panels. The device closes the competition effectively with its cheaper price.
If you think that I’ve missed a crucial tip on the buying guide or if you find that I wasn’t able to include one of the best portable infrared saunas out there, please feel free to share those with us right at the comment section below.