Lighted makeup mirrors are a must for any woman to achieve the perfect look. Using a normal mirror without appropriate lighting can mask several faults and leave your look incomplete. I have searched for the best lighted makeup mirror and came up with a list that will help you find the perfect one for your beauty routine.
Top 5 Best Lighted Makeup Mirror Reviews 2019 - Comparision Chart
*Below, you'll find our more detailed reviews, but you can also click the links above to see current prices or read customer reviews on Amazon.
Why use a Lighted Makeup Mirror?
It often happens that your makeup looks perfect after application at home but suddenly seems messy once you step out. This is because of change in lighting. When you apply makeup in inappropriate lighting conditions (for instance, dim yellow lighting), it will look good no matter what.
However, lighting conditions outside may vary and expose the flaws that remained hidden inside your home. This is where lighted makeup mirrors come to the rescue. They provide close-to-natural lighting conditions that enable the right application of any kind of makeup.
A lighted mirror is especially useful when applying foundation. Proper lighting is also essential when performing operations like tweezing, shaving or plucking.
Things to Consider Before Buying
Buying a lighted makeup mirror is a very personal experience and ought to be done with extreme care. Here, I have listed some of the most important factors that need to be taken into consideration before investing in a lighted mirror.
Lighted makeup mirrors can cost you anywhere from $10 to hundreds of dollars. Do not be under the misconception that only expensive mirrors do a good job.
In fact, if you are a first time buyer, you may be better off trying a rather inexpensive option and getting familiar with the way these mirrors work. However, professional models may want to indulge in the top-end options to have all their bases covered.
Do you apply your makeup standing up or sitting down? Wall mounted lighted makeup mirrors may be best option for you if you prefer to stand up and look into the mirror when applying the makeup.
However, if you are the type that likes to do their makeup at a table, vanity or any other flat surface. Table top lighted mirrors may be the best way to go.
Some lighted mirrors come with the option of battery support. Once charged, these mirrors can light up without the need of electricity. This may be especially useful for women who travel often and want to get their makeup done on the go.
However, such battery operated mirrors are usually pricier than standard electricity dependent mirrors. If you are already decided on buying a battery supported lighted mirror, make sure to compare the battery life of different models.
Single or Double-Sided Mirror
Some lighted makeup mirrors come with two mirrors, one on the front and the other on the back side. While one of these is magnified, the other is a normal non-magnified mirror.This helps many people to see the end-result more clearly.
However, there are many women out there who can achieve flawless results with one-sided mirrors that offer only a single magnified mirror.
This choice really depends on your personal preference.
This factor again depends on your personal preference and style of applying makeup. 5X magnification mirrors are the most commonly used by women, but you can easily find mirrors that offer up to 12X magnification.
If you travel often, you may want to buy a mirror that is easy to carry. There are many lighted makeup mirrors that come with travel-friendly carry bags for efficient portability.
Make sure that the mirror’s frame is made of durable and strong materials as frequent travel can cause quicker wear and tear of any object.
You may also consider buying a small handheld lighted mirror to use exclusively while traveling. Another thing to consider is the running voltage of the mirror.
Size of the Mirror
A small lighted makeup mirror may prove insufficient if you are used to using a bigger mirror. Make sure to check the dimensions of the mirror before placing an order. Also, if you are buying a swiveling mirror, don’t forget to check if it will fit comfortably in your makeup station or closet.
Some More Important Tips
- Most women prefer using mirrors which emit white light since it comes closer to natural light compared to other options.
- While some mirrors may look more stylish than others, I would strongly recommend you to hold substance over style and pay more heed to the features and capability of the mirror than its looks.
- It may be best to avoid buying mirrors made by lesser known brands as you will be using the lighted mirror for a long period of time. Rather, buy a good quality product from a reputed brand (such brands also come with the added advantage of warranty) that will serve you long and well.
Top 5 Best Lighted Makeup Mirrors
Here is a list of some of the leading best lighted makeup mirror options available in the market today. I put this list together based on the mirror’s features and user likeability.
2. Jerdon HL65C 8-Inch Lighted Wall Mount Makeup Mirror
This is a wall-mount type lighted makeup mirror that can be commonly spotted in several spas and hotels. It is manufactured by reputed company Jerdon which has been in the beauty business for over 40 years now.
- This mirror is designed to have a very sleek and modern look which makes it stand out from other products.
- It offers a smooth 360 degree swivel action which can be helpful to check the makeup from every angle possible.
- This Jerdon lighted makeup mirror is double-sided, with one non-magnified side and one 5X mirror.
- This mirror also comes with a fog-free technology so you can easily use it in your bathroom as well.
- It is easy to install and does not require any help from a professional.
- It comes with a 1 year manufacturer warranty which may be helpful for skeptical first time buyers.
- This lighted mirror does not support battery operation which and so may not be the best option for frequent travelers.
- Some users of this mirror have reported that the mirror may get a little warm if used continuously for a long period of time.
- This mirror may not be the best option for you if you prefer to do your makeup sitting down.
3. Conair Oval Double-Sided Lighted Mirror
Conair is perhaps one of the most renowned brands when it comes to lighted makeup mirrors. This product from Conan features a unique 7 X 9.5 inch oval design and is available in two colors – oiled bronze and polished chrome.
- This product from Conair features mirrors on both sides. One side offers 7X magnification while the other is non-magnified.
- The 7X magnification will help spot even the smallest of pores and blemishes on your face without difficulty.
- It offers an attractive look due to its rich color options and unique oval shape.
- This product is popular for providing a fog free experience to users consistently irrespective of the surrounding conditions.
- It comes with a rotating design which can be used to focus on any part of the face.
- Due to its affordable pricing, it may be a good option for those who want a well performing lighted makeup mirror but are on a tight budget.
- Some users have reported that the incandescent light emitted by this mirror is not very bright.
- It does not feature battery-supported operation may be an issue for frequent travelers.
- At 2.6 lbs., some people may find it too heavy to carry along when traveling.
4. Floxite Daylight Cosmetic Mirror
This a white-light emitting mirror that also falls in the well-performing affordable category.
- It offers high quality 10X magnification which is great for people who prefer high magnification while applying make up.
- It emits a whit colored light which is very close to natural sunlight. This helps in illuminating the blemishes and mistakes very well that results in a flawless look.
- The bulb used in this product has a long life and can run for several years without the need for change.
- The bulb it comes with is easily available and replaceable without the need of any professional expertise.
- The mirror comes with a detailed instruction manual which can be of great help to users who are buying a lighted makeup mirror for the first time.
- Setting up the mirror does not require any expert assistance and can be easily done by anyone.
- The angle of the mirror can be adjusted as needed so as to focus on any part of the face while applying makeup.
- This mirror from Floxite does not feature battery-supported operations and so may not be the perfect mirror for those who travel often.
- It runs only on 110 Volts and so may not be of much use to women who travel abroad frequently.
5. Conair Oval Shaped Double-Sided Lighted Makeup Mirror
One more of Conair’s lighted makeup mirror features on this list. Also oval in shape, this pocket friendly mirror also comes in two classy colors – polished chrome and satin nickel.
- This mirror offers a 7X magnified mirror on one side to focus on the smallest of blemishes and flaws, while the non-magnified mirror on the other side provides a natural reflection.
- The mirror can be adjusted to any angle required so that no part of the face is missed during the application of makeup.
- Both the colors that this product is available give it an attractive look that also complements the unique oval shape of this mirror by Conair.
- This lighted mirror also provides completely fog-free viewing no matter the surroundings and environmental conditions.
- The light emitted by this mirror is soft and does not cause any kind of irritation to the eyes even after prolonged use.
- Its affordable price tag may make it a good choice for first time buyers.
- This mirror needs to be plugged in every single time as it does not feature battery-supported operation.
- Some users have reported that they would like the light emitted to be a little brighter.
The list above featured various brands and styles of lighted makeup mirrors for you to choose from. Amongst all the options mentioned, the Jerdon lighted mirror stands out as the best lighted makeup mirror in my opinion. It offers bright lighting, adequate 5X magnification and a one year warranty at a very affordable price.
However, if you are sure to travel extensively and frequently, the premium Simplehuman mirror may be the best option for you.
I hope this guide will help you pick the most suitable lighted makeup mirror as per your needs. If you have any questions or suggestions of your own, please feel free to use my comments section. I would love to hear from you!